However, beware as the process wipes iPhone/ iPad data completely. Besides these main reasons for experiencing an iTunes error when performing a restore on your iDevice, a couple other hardware incompatibilities might be a cause.
After you’ve reinstalled the latest version of iTunes/Finder, try to update to iOS 16 and restore your iPhone again. Uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer or iPhone can resolve this issue because such security software sometimes blocks installation of firmware. The problem “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away after you uninstall antivirus software. If firmware corrupt or compatibility error is still testing your patience and not going away, try reinstalling the iTunes/Finder. Sometimes iTunes/Finder configuration doesn’t match firmware files and iTunes/Finder upgradation can not solve the solution. After reinstalling the the latest iTunes/Finder, try to update or restore your iPhone again. If all else fails, the last way to fix “iPhone firmware file corrupt” would be to restore your iPhone through DFU mode on iTunes.
- When your iPhone or iPad says the firmware is not compatible, the first thing you need to do is to restart your computer.
- Try again at home or using a Wi-Fi network that isn’t restricted.
- Apple Support is the most reliable agency to repair hardware or fix the firmware one thing for all.
- In such a case https://murawaymoving.com/blog/unleashing-the-power-of-your-samsung-sgh-m919-with/, try repairing the iOS with the help of a trusted software.
After the reinstallation has completed, iMazing displays a screen asking you to unlock your device. Enter the passcode for your iPhone or iPad. The final steps of the installation continue, and iMazing may also asks for you to Trust this Computer on Device. Tap Trust in the dialog that displays on your iOS device, so iMazing can continue working with it. After you’ve selected the .ipsw file, click Select, then click Reinstall iOS to continue.
- Have you found that it is very troublesome to restore iDevice in iTunes with IPSW files?
- AnyFix can fix more than 130 iOS / iPadOS / tvOS issues.
- IPSW files are firmware downloads for specific Apple devices and iOS versions.
Instead of directly downloading the software on your iPhone, update via iTunes on a computer. To fix this iOS 16.1 error, first sign out of iCloud and then sign back.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment